Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tie Dyed Filing Cabinet


I am so excited with how my filing cabinet turned out.  I didn't take a before picture but everyone knows what a plain black filing cabinet looks like.  I have a monster 4 drawer lateral filing cabinet in my craft room right now and it's just way too big so I decided to change it for a smaller one.


This cabinet has been outback in my work area and had several colors on it because it had just been a spot to spray paint on.  All those colors gave me an idea to try and make it look tie dyed.

All I did was take 3 colors of spray paint, teal, purple and a metallic blue and had fun.  I didn't even bother to sand off the other colors.  I also did this same technique on our poker table and chairs but they are black and brown so not completely over the top.

My husband is not a fan because he keeps saying the 60's are over, never! :)  The colors are really not this bright in real life it's pretty subtle but the flash made it more crazy than it is.

  I figure the craft room is my area so if I want crazy colors I should go for it.  Please let me know if you have the nerve to go wild in some of your decorating projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment