Friday, September 27, 2013

Baby Changing Table redo


Here is a picture of a very boring changing table I picked up at a local auction.  I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it I had many ideas like a potting table or bar. But my adopted grand daughter had other plans, she decided to have a baby.



This was really a simple redo just took quite a bit of time because of all the different pieces.  It originally had a varnish on most of it which had to be sanded off.  Again more of a process than I expected.

I wanted to paint it to match the crib set so I picked a light blue, navy blue and dark brown.


For an added touch I took dark blue scrap booking letters and decoupaged them on the back. 



There was no pad on the table so I decided to make one instead of buying it.  I purchased 1" foam and a waterproof material to make the pad.  I then wanted a removable cover so it could easily be washed.  I sewed the cover just like a pillow case and added 3 Velcro pieces to keep it closed.

She had no idea I was doing this for her and was so excited when I showed up unannounced.  Just took her a couple hours to have it filled with diapers and clothes.  I think it was a good choice.

1 comment: