Monday, September 30, 2013

Pink Wood Desk

Talk about an ugly desk that should have been destined for the dump.
But it is so well made and  has great storage I just couldn't do it.


    This one took some major sanding.  I don't know what they had used to keep the old handles on or what they had drawn flowers with but it sure did not want to come off.  But with some good old persistence and lots of sand paper I finally won the war.  
                                                         



I decided to step out of my comfort zone with the paint on this one.  I had never done a bright pink piece of furniture before but am so glad that I did. 


To compliment the pink I decided to paint the insides and the drawer knobs dark brown.  I also made sure and painted the sides and interior of the drawers to match.


Once the top was sanded smooth there was a beautiful grain so I just stained it dark walnut (I think that's what color it was) to pull it all together.


And for the finishing touch I stenciled fleur de lis on the cabinets.


If I do say so myself I think this turned out extremely well.

This desk is for sale for only $175. and I believe it should be able to ship Greyhound.  I have not shipped a large item before but from what I have checked into should be not problem.  If you are interested please contact me and I'll get a quote for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment